Affirmations, mantras, quotes, prayers, words of wisdom have power. Power to change the way you think. Power to brighten up a cloudy day! Power to help you make a U turn out of a dark hole you were headed into!
They help to change the negative wiring in our heads and get out of the flight or fight mode we can often find ourselves in unnecessarily. The human brain is hardwired to focus on the negative – we have a natural tendency to give weight to and remember the negative experiences.
Our brains evolved from the cave-dwellers when focusing more on the negative experiences and situations (like avoiding getting eaten by a lion on a hunt) saved our lives. We still react to things in modern times as if our lives were in danger and are unable to see the big picture.
Positive affirmations or positive self talk can help shift the mind from the negative into the positive and help to remind us that the things we think about ourselves are not always true.
Positive affirmations are beneficial:
- They motivate you to act and when you action your goals you have more desire to continue.
- They help you to concentrate on your goals.
- They change your negative thought patterns into positive ones.
- Influence your subconscious mind to access new beliefs.
- Help you feel positive about yourself and boost your self confidence.
Positive affirmations you can use:
“I am at peace with life.”
“Be your own reason to smile.”
“I begin and end my day with gratitude.”
“I am one with creation”
“I am worth it!”
“I am enough!”
“Abundance is all around me.”
“The power of positivity surrounds me. “
– Article by Vicki Shannon